Assisted Living for Seniors
Connecting Families to Quality Senior Care
When is it the right time to enter assisted living? The answer is never easy, but choosing to transition your loved one into assisted living could help them live more fully in a safe, structured, and supportive environment.
If you are considering assisted living for your senior relative, consider the following:
- What kind of help do they need? Not all seniors who move into assisted living facilities or communities require round-the-clock care, but they do need greater care with mobility, personal grooming, medication management. There are also assisted living communities designed for seniors living with chronic conditions, like Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s.
- What resources will benefit them the most? Assisted living facilities aim to give seniors as much freedom and independence as they can safely maintain. The right home for your loved one will give them access to amenities that make life more enjoyable, such as a stocked library, common areas, classes, and fun activities that help them make new friends.
What is the Difference Between Assisted Living and a Nursing Home?
There are some crossovers with assisted living and nursing homes, but you can consider an assisted living facility a step down from a traditional nursing home.
Seniors that benefit from assisted living can still take care of themselves to some degree, but they need extra help with certain activities. Assisted living helps seniors maintain independence while offering a safe, senior-friendly environment that minimizes risks.
If your loved one is fully dependent on others for their daily needs, then a nursing home is a better option. In nursing homes, seniors get 24-hour support and care from trained, registered nurses. Nursing homes are also better equipped to help manage seniors with serious health problems that impact their daily lives.
Benefits of Assisted Living Communities
- Safe environment equipped with all the upgrades and tools seniors need to live comfortably
- Residents can freely move throughout the community without being at risk
- Friendly and trained staff are always on site to help with things like housekeeping and meal preparation
- Access to senior activities, like community outings, exercise classes, game night, and arts & crafts
The Perfect Assisted Living Home for Your Loved One
Please contact us at Agape Senior Resources today to learn more about the benefits of choosing assisted living for your loved one. We are always here for you and ready to help.